Finally Getting it Together for the Danville Kids Consignment Sale, March 2015

Three times. Three times in the past two months I have cleaned out the closet, gathered all of Courtie's dresses to sell at consignment or donate, and three times I have hung them all back in the closet. I am not sentimentally attached to clothes. I do not keep things that I can't use. But this year is different. Courtie has now outgrown her little girl dresses. The Peaches 'N Cream and Strasburg and smocking and pinafores are being replaced by glitter skinny jeans and sequin sweaters and leggings and t-shirts. Wondering if I am really ready for this, I realize that I don't have much of a choice. Maybe if I hold onto those dresses just a little while longer... (from my journal, February 9, 2014)

I wrote those words almost a year ago. It was so hard to let go, so I did hang on just a little while longer to those reminders of what was once a little girl. I realized that it wasn't the clothes I was having a hard time letting go of, it was the precious little girl who was growing up into a beautiful young pre-teenager. After navigating my way through the guest room closet, having to shuffle through outgrown clothing, and having to pry clothes in an out of a too small space, however, I am done with the sentimentality. I have had time to adjust, and am now ready to move on. I want my closet space back! 
Since I have no plans of going out in the cold this afternoon, and since the children will most likely start back to school tomorrow, I am taking advantage of this extra time to sort through those old memories clothes and start tagging them for the Danville Kids Consignment Sale coming up in March. I will save a few things - the pillowcase dresses that I made for her and the Strasburg Easter dress that she can maybe pass down one day. Here are a few of the dresses that I am hoping that someone else will be able to use. We have a few Lilly Pulitzer dresses and skirts, several Peaches 'N Cream dresses, and of course Gymboree
I have both consigned and shopped at the Danville Kids Consignment Sale before, and can't recommend this sale enough, for several reasons:
1. The sale only happens three days at a time, twice a year. It is very fast paced, and what you sell, you sell right away. You don't have to wait months to see if your items sold and then wait or a check to arrive a little at a time, like you would in a traditional store. You leave the items you want to sell, the event happens the same week, you can either pick up or donate to charity the items that don't sell, and receive your payment in the mail the following week or two.
2. You can set your own prices. You know what you paid for your children's clothing and what it is worth. Only you decide what you will accept for each item. 
3. You receive 70% of your sales, minus a $10 consignor fee. If you volunteer to work at the sale, you are eligible to have your consignor fee waived, too, plus you may receive a volunteer pass to shop before the sale is open to the public.
4. The consignor registration is all online now. You enter the items you want to sell online and print the tags out directly from home at your convenience. This makes tagging very simple and easy. Everything is uniform and looks nice. It also makes it easier for the shoppers to read while shopping. Click here for their website and information on how you can register as a consignor. 
5.  I also have a little boy. I don't want to keep his clothes, and you don't want to buy them. Here's why:
Therefore, I go to the Danville Kids Consignment Sale to shop for him. Courtie plays rough and tumble, too, and she has seen her fair share of messes, but Carrington has developed an unparalleled knack for ruining good clothes. I now refuse to pay a lot of money for his clothes, and would rather purchase quality play clothing from the consignment sale and save myself the heartache of seeing him ruin expensive duds. I like to enjoy watching him play in the dirt and have fun making huge messes without worrying about him messing up a nice outfit. Like this for example:
 and this:

The Danville Kids Consignment Sale allows me to do just that. Purchase quality clothing inexpensively, so we can play, have fun, and make messes without a hint of buyer's remorse.
The sale will be held March 26-28, 2015 at Market Square Shopping Center at 3303 US Highway 29 North – business (beside Food Lion), Danville, VA 24540. You may shop, consign, volunteer, or any combination thereof. 
About this post, all words and opinions are true and completely my own. I thank Danville Kids Consignment for being a quality consignment sale beneficial for both shoppers and consignors in our area. I have enjoyed doing business with them in the past, and appreciate their allowing me to help advertise and promote their sale through the Southern Virginia Mom Blog. I am very excited to support this business and can't wait to go shopping! Join me in registering to be a consignor here, and hopefully I'll see you at the sale. 
xoxo, Erin
Southern Virginia Mom




Comments

Adsense