Second Trip to the Garnier-Thiebaut Warehouse Sale, South Boston, Virginia

I came home from the Garnier-Thiebaut Warehouse Sale last night with a trunk full of great buys, like luxurious cotton sheets, towels, tablecloths, napkins, linen kitchen towels, dishes, and more.  (Read all about the sale here and see what I picked out.) There was a large, beautiful beach towel that I loved but decided not to buy. Priced at $30, the towel normally sells for $90 in retail establishments, and I thought that it was a luxury I could do without. After considering it a little  more, though, I decided that it was time for me to graduate from using the children's cartoon character towels at the pool, and buy something nice (and a little more stylish) for myself to use. And that's how I ended up at the Garnier-Thiebaut Warehouse Sale for Round Two.
I got a little nervous when I arrived at the sale and there were so many cars lined up. Luckily, there was a person available to help direct the traffic on Commerce Lane. I easily parked and was able to walk a very short distance to the warehouse. Watch out. I'm going in.
Lots and lots of people had the exact same idea that I had about going early on the opening day. The good stuff seems to go quickly at these warehouse sales. Thank goodness the beach towel was still there, but it was the only one of its pattern and color left. Close call. Guess what kids? You can have your beach towels back! 
I bought a few other things today that I had on my mind since last night, including these pillow inserts. I am refurbishing my basement and creating a nice living space for our family, and I'm doing it completely "design on a dime" style. Not long ago I purchased fabric to make wall hangings and pillows, so these are perfect, and at only $2.50 each, I was able to purchase four of them and stay within my "design on a dime" budget. Nice.
This next item is a deBuyer Mineral crepe pan. I have to admit I was reluctant to purchase this, even though the price was only $6.99, a small fraction of what Williams-Sonoma has it listed for on their website. The reason why is because this is a 99% pure iron pan that must be seasoned. As much as I love to cook, I was intimidated by this process, and was afraid I would ruin the pan and burn dinner in the process. Rossi at Garnier-Thiebaut took the time to explain the process to me, and I feel more confident now about the seasoning process. I'm actually excited now about using the pan. Crepes, anyone? 
In addition to the great linen finds at the sale, I also found some great friends! Hey ladies! I hope you enjoyed your shopping trip
When leaving the warehouse sale, you are able to complete a form to enter a drawing. Two prizes will be awarded. When asked where you heard about the sale, please tell them that you saw it on the Southern Virginia Mom Blog. Thanks so very much, and enjoy your shopping and your great warehouse sale finds!
xoxo, Erin
Southern Virginia Mom
 
 

Comments

Adsense